1 Cup Heavy Cream 2 Egg Yolks
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar 1/2 t Vanilla Extract or 1/2 Vanilla bean
1. Heat cream, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil.
2. Take off heat and add about half of mixture to yolks, whisking constantly. Combine together and pour into your brulee dishes.
3. Have your oven preheated to 300F, then put your dishes into a hot water bath and place into center of oven and bake till set. Depending on your dish size/depth this could take anywhere from 15-30 minutes. Touch and wiggle gently your dish to determine the doneness. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours till set
4. When ready to brulee, add enough granulated sugar to the top to lightly crust the custard. Broil on high in oven till sugar caramelizes. Do this when ready to serve, it cannot be broiled in advance and kept in refrigerator.
3 Egg Yolks 1/2# Clarified Butter(ghee)
1/2 Lemon Salt & Cayenne Pepper
1. Whisk your yolks, lemon juice and splash of warm water over double boiler. Whisk till light and holds its shape(ribbon). Remove from heat.
2. Whisk in your warm clarifies butter. If it becomes too thick, add splash of warm water. Adjust seasonings with salt and cayenne. Serve immediately. This cannot be stored afterwards. Use within two hours max.
A former co-worker of mine named this, "Bulletproof" after I showed him how to make hollandaise that was hard to break!
Thanksgiving Dinner Purchases
Place your orders now! We'll be taking orders up until 11/20 for our turkey dinners(enough to feed 10). Place order now, or call us to purchase.
1 11-13# Turkey 5# Mashed Potatoes
5# Stuffing 2# Garlicky Green Beans
4# Roasted Yams 1Qt Cranberry Compote
2 Pumpkin Pies 1Qt Homemade Gravy
1 Dozen Homemade Semolina Rolls
1/2# Whipped Herb Butter